Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I took my first nap under a tree...

New London, NH to Lebanon, NH. Today is our third bike day of rolling hills and was by far the most beautiful bike ride I have ever been on. This area is so different from any area I have ever been. Instead of one big or small body of water or a simple stream like I'm used to, there are a myriad of ponds and small lakes, with water falls here and there. You can't escape the green. You can't escape the fresh air. I can't really put into words how excited I was for this trip but it's turning out to be way better than I expected after the first few days. The scenery and even rainy weather have been extremely refreshing. While I feel like our crew is becoming a little family, I can tell that these people are going to have a big impact on me this summer. Aside from working together to promote an important cause, and our similar interests around cycling and traveling, getting to know my teammates on an individual basis is awesome. We're all really different, and we make it work, and then some. The trip leaders are working so hard and are really giving this adventure the quirky flavor necessary to keep us all sane. I'm a little surprised that my body isn't breaking down as much as I thought it was going to. My "energy legs" haven't quit on me yet. One of my friends Bobby did this route last year...and today I finally got to experience the beauty of being tired, stopping on the side of the road/lake, and taking a nap under a tree. I remember him mentioning this as a favorite memory from last year. It was awesome. Tomorrow is our second build day.

1 comment:

  1. ENERGY LEGS! TURBOPUNS! 400 BABIES!

    Also, where's the nearest bar?

    ReplyDelete